Zojirushi NS-TSC10 Review
Rice is one of the most consumed food all over the world and it can be cooked with different cookware. For perfect results, a dedicated rice cooker is ideal. This article reviews the Zojirushi NS-TSC10 rice cooker.
Cooking rice with traditional cookware can be challenging with the need to monitor every process. If you are tired of turning the flame down and stirring, then this rice cooker eliminates all that.
With a quality rice cooker, cooking of rice becomes easier and efficient than before.
Continue reading to see the greatness of the Zojirushi NS-TSC10 rice cooker.
Read Also: Hamilton Beach Vs Aroma Rice Cooker
Outstanding Features Of Zojirushi NS-TSC10
- 5.5-cup uncooked rice capacity (1.0-liter)
- LCD control panel with clock and delay timer functions.
- Automatic keep warm, extended keep warm as well as reheating function.
- Stainless steel exterior.
- BPA-free steaming basket
- Cake menu setting for baking a cake.
- Handle for easy carrying.
- A detachable inner lid
- Retractable power cord.
- Melody or beeping sounds to signals the end of the cooking process.
- Menu options: white rice/sushi, mixed rice, porridge, sweet, brown, cake, steam, quick.
- Runs on 110 volts and uses 610 watts.
- Accessories: steaming basket, rice measuring cup, rice spatula, and spatula holder.
Zojirushi NS-TSC10 Overview
The Zojirushi brand makes the best appliances designed with the customer in mind. Their rice cookers are exceptional compared to other cheap brands in the market.
Zojirushi is equipped with microcomputer technology chips that use fuzzy logic to adjust the temperature and time for rice cooking.
The MICOM tech can adjust the temperature and time depending on the type of rice. There are more functions to set different settings for rice cooking.
This technology ensures regardless of the rice type, the results are perfect.
In terms of the material, it is designed with stainless steel giving it an attractive aesthetic. The stainless steel exterior is very easy to clean and can’t be scratched easily.
The size of the rice cooker wont takes up space in the kitchen as it measures 10.1 x 8.5 x 14 inches.
LCD Control Panel
The machine has a clear LCD control panel that displays settings that are easy to read. The time and temperatures are displayed for easier cooking.
There are more menu settings that enable to select the required settings for rice cooking.
Rice Cooking Times
Unlike instant pots and pressure cookers, cooking times in the Zojirushi NS-TSC10 takes longer. For instance, cooking white rice may take up to 60 minutes. By using a quick setting, you can reduce the time to about 45 minutes.
Cooking brown rice takes double the time white rice takes. This translates to 90 to 120 minutes.
Although the rice cooker takes longer to cook, the rice is well cooked and delicious than any other rice cooker.
Cooking Pot & Steaming Basket
The inner cooking pot bowl contains a nonstick coating which prevents rice from sticking and also easy cleaning. The is also a steaming basket for steaming food.
What Can You Cook?
Zojirushi cooks a variety of rice and foods but the following foods come out perfect. The minimum price that can be cooked in the pot is about one cup of uncooked rice.
- Brown Rice
- Sushi Rice
- Mixed Rice
There is a wide variety of Zojirushi rice cooker accessories to improve the cooking experience. It comes with a steaming basket for steaming various foods.
Also, a removable lid that enables cooking of other foods in the pot.
You can be assured of long-lasting while enjoying tasty rice without brake down. The rice cooker is well built with stainless steel material.
Pros Of Zojirushi NS-TSC10
- Uses Zojirushi’s trademark Fuzzy Logic Technology
- Durable construction
- Easy to clean
- Has a stylish aesthetic
- It can cook a minimum of one cup of uncooked rice
- Built-in retractable power cord
- Interchangeable chime and beep sound
- Easy-to-read control panel
- Eight menu settings
- Automatic reheating cycle.
- Detachable lid.
- 2 delay timer settings
- Requires less monitoring
- Doesn’t take much kitchen space
- Works well with short and medium rice varieties
- Cooking cycles take longer (takes 60 minutes to cook white rice and about 2 hours for brown rice)
- A little bit pricey compared to the competition
This rice cooker is a great choice for anyone looking to cook perfect rice every time. It may take a longer time compared to other rice cookers but the quality of cooked rice is outstanding.
Other models of Zojirushi are slightly expensive but they are worth it. This rice cooker is stylish, durable and efficient.
The capacity it holds is enough to cook rice for a medium family. If you would like a bigger size Zojirushi rice cooker, the Zojirushi NS-TSC18 is a great choice.
Zojirushi NS-TSC10 rice cooker is the choice of many rice lovers and you shouldn’t be left behind.