Pros And Cons Of Granite Composite Sinks
Granite composite sinks are the way to go if you want a strong and durable kitchen sink. Mostly this type of kitchen sink is not common or popular like their competition of stainless sinks or ceramic sinks. Understanding the Pros And Cons Of Granite Composite Sinks will help you in deciding if they are worth it.
Having a granite composite kitchen sink makes the kitchen beautiful as mostly the way they rhyme with countertop materials. In this article, we highlight the pros and cons of granite composite sinks and determine the worth.
A granite composite is a mixer of around 80% of granite stone and 20% of acrylic resin. You can find granite kitchen sinks in a variety of natural colors which are commonly grey, charcoal black and brown.
One thing to keep in mind is that granite composite sinks are pricey and if you are considering to buy one, then its an investment in a quality kitchen sink. The sinks are available in matte finishes which sometimes can be a limitation to a variety of finishes.
Due to their strong construction, the granite composite sinks can handle any heat from the cookware on their surfaces. If you like a natural look and stylish kitchen sink, the granite composite can be of a great fit.
This article will guide on the advantages of granite composite sinks and their disadvantages. By clearly understanding the benefits of the sinks, it will help you make an informed decision.
Most of the granite sinks found on the market are composite and not natural except sinks from Barclay. There are different sizes, colors, shapes, and configurations to choose from ranging from different prices.
- Durable and long-lasting – Their material makes them a high resistant kitchen sinks to endure pressure, chipping, scratches, heat. The strength they possess to ensure the durability and flawless functionality.
- Reasonably priced – Granite composite sinks are affordable because they are a mixture of granite and acrylic resin. Natural stone is more expensive than composite sinks.
- Scratch and chip-resistant – Granite is a very hard stone that gives the granite composite sinks resistant ability to scratches and chipping.
- Cleaning doesn’t require chemicals – To clean the granite sink is very easy because of the smooth finish they possess. Unless there are too many stains, you can use special stone soaps or natural vinegar to remove stains.
- Every piece is unique/Uniformity – Regardless of the shape or size of granite composite sink you choose, they bring a special uniqueness in the kitchen. If you like consistency in the kitchen countertop, granite composite sinks are mostly uniform.
- Resistant to heat, scratching, and stains – These granite sinks can resist up to over 530 degrees Fahrenheit heat. The color doesn’t fade even after a long time because it maintains the same natural look and texture.
- Only available in matte finishes – Granite composite sinks process of manufacturing limits the finishes only producing matte.
- The price may be expensive – It may be considered expensive depending on the type of stone used to manufacture but granite composite sinks are cheaper than full stone. Compared to ceramic and stainless steel kitchen sinks, composite sinks are still upfront expensive.
- Bulky – Due to the stone material, the composite sinks are very heavy which requires extra professional installation costs and support systems. You may also require annual sealing.
Maintenance and care of Granite composite sink.
Just like the other kitchen fixtures, the granite composite sinks are no different because they require some maintenance for long-lasting. They may be hard and resistant but if not well maintained they can have a short span in the kitchen. These steps help in keeping the sink functional;
- Make sure to wash the sink daily with a nylon brush and gentle soap after every use.
- Rinse the sink and dry it with a soft cloth after use to prevent stains and deposits.
- Avoid the use of abrasive cleaning tools or solutions/chemicals.
- Make use of natural cleaning agents regularly like vinegar.
Granite sink brands
When looking to buy a granite composite sink or any other kitchen product is good to know the top brands manufacturing the best quality. The most reputable brands associated with granite sinks are the Blanco and Barclay.
Blanco is mainly known to produce the best granite composite sinks like silgranit rock hard sinks while Barclay produces natural granite sinks.
Investing in a granite composite sink for your kitchen is the right thing to do especially if planning to stay for a long time. Granite composite sinks are durable to function without regular kitchen sink replacements.
With these kitchen sinks, you get natural beauty, strength and durable kitchen sink worth the price. Granite composite sinks pros are a good example of how a quality kitchen sink should be.