Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Oven Reviews
In this post, I review the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer oven since it is one of the best selling air fryers on the market today. The focus is on the features, pros and cons, performance, and multifunctions.
Air fryers are among the hottest kitchen gadgets on the market which leads to more innovations. Appliances serving only one purpose are being overshadowed by multipurpose appliances which are versatile.
Ninja is one of the biggest competitors of instant pot for multi-purpose gadgets, has a new entry in the market. The Ninja Foodi Digital Air fryer also combines multiple other functions to act as a toaster oven, dehydrator, and a small countertop convection oven. Yes, you could even bake cookies in this air fryer!
Using the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer allows you to enjoy fried food that is actually healthy since it doesn’t require oil. This great gadget serves as a countertop convection oven, dehydrator, and warmer.
This oven takes meal-making to another level due to the 8-in-1 functionality. It is capable of performing the following functions.
- Air Fry
- Air Roast
- Air Broil
- Keep Warm
Ninja Foodi digital Air fryer is powerful with 1800 watt rating. This is enough to support the multiple functions of the appliance.
- 8-in-1 functionality: Air Fry, Air Roast, Air Broil, Bake, Bagel, Toast, Dehydrate, and Keep Warm
- Cooks up to 60% faster than a traditional oven
- Dimensions: 19.72 x 7.56 x 14.96 in
- Stainless steel construction
- XL capacity
- Great value due to multi functions
- Cooks evenly
- Easy cleaning
- Preheats almost instantly, 60 seconds
- Easy Storage because of flip capabilities
- Takes less space on the countertop
- Quiet operation
- Clear and easy to read control panel
- Very versatile
- Doesn’t heat up the kitchen too much during use
- Can’t cook a full chicken (too short)
- Requires cleaning after every use
- Anti stick pan will warp at 400F
- Only enough space to cook for 3-4 people at once, not the best convenience for large families or larger appetites
- Somewhat expensive, but this is offset by the additional features over an air fryer only
Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Oven Features:
The design of the Ninja Foodi digital air fryer is well thought to accommodate the multiple functions and still take less space on the countertop.
It takes 50% less space when the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer is flipped up and away to store against the backsplash. Not many kitchen appliances can boast multiplane storage capabilities!
The stainless steel construction both makes the oven durable and looks sleek. Its color mixes black and stainless steel finish so it will blend in well in any style kitchen.
For large cooking purposes, it comes with a usable pan cooking area that can fit 13-inch pizza, up to 9 slices of toast, and 6 chicken breasts. This makes this air fryer oven an excellent choice of an air fryer for larger families.
Our one complaint is that the height limits what you can cook with this appliance, such as a whole chicken not fitting inside. This is disappointing for some foods, but the many great features generally offsets the value of this appliance otherwise!
Using the digital control panel of the air fryer oven is easy. The panel is well designed for clear and easy reading of the functions.
A knob is used to select the temperature and time for all the functions. Interior lights make it easy to monitor the progress inside and on the control panel.
The ability to run a quick pre-heat makes this appliance very efficient for multiple types of cooking.
Performance & Cooking Settings:
This oven’s unique design and 1800 wattage enable faster cooking, such as perfect chicken breasts within 20 minutes. It takes 60 seconds to preheat to save time, unlike traditional ovens.
Digital Crisp Control Technology enables precisely controlled temperature and fan speeds for delicious results.
The oven and pan sizes generally allow for successfully cooking a 12-inch frozen pizza, up to about 6 chicken breasts, or up to about 9 slices of toast, for size reference. You’ll be able to cook enough for 3-4 people with modest serving sizes, so it might take two rounds of cooking for a sheet pan meal to feed more people or large appetites, for example.
- The heat inside the oven is evenly distributed for the perfect baking process. Compared to other leading air fryer ovens in the market, it offers a 40% more even baking experience and about a 60% faster bake time than a traditional oven.
- Sincerely speaking, in contrast to dedicated air fryers, the Ninja Foodi air fryer oven is not the best. This does not mean it’s poor but it qualifies as an average air fryer. Some foods come out unevenly fried and without the full crispy results provided by a power air fryer. That said, having frozen French fries ready and crispy within about 20 minutes makes it still well worth the investment.
- When it comes to toasting, the Ninja Foodi oven does a great job. It has the capability to accommodate 9 slices without squishing them. The results are perfect with great browning and even on all the slices. This feature is also a great setting for reheating leftovers, such as pizza and wings.
- In just under 25 minutes, the oven roasts food to a light brown and tender outcome. You can roast delicious dinners like vegetables, chicken, steak, seafood, spices, and more.
- This is an added bonus on this oven for dehydrating small amounts of food. For heavy and large batch dehydration, you are better off with a real dehydrator.
- Broiling food like chicken breasts take around 20 minutes with browned and juicy results.
- Its warm function can keep food warm for up to 2 hours for serving temperature. After two hours, the food can get dried up.
Ease of Cleaning
To clean the appliance doesn’t require much effort due to the removable tray crumb and easily accessible back panel. It’s as simple as flipping the appliance up to get to cleaning these areas.
The sheet pan and air fryer basket can be cleaned with a dishwasher. The rest of the appliance can be kept looking good with a simple wipe with a damp cloth on a regular basis.
The Ninja Foodi air fryer oven comes with a detailed and easy to read guide. Additional booklet for recipes and cooking charts is provided to make functions like air frying and dehydration understandable.
Ninja provides a 1-year limited warranty for the air fryer and a 60-day money-back guarantee. It would be better if the warranty is longer.
Where can I learn more about air fryers?
We have covered a TON of information about air fryers on this site. Some of the articles you may want to read to learn more about how to use an air fryer or to decide if an air fryer is worth the money are:
- What Can You Cook In An Air Fryer?
- Air Fryer vs Deep Fryer [Comparison For The Better Fryer]
- Different Air Fryer Sizes: How Big of an Air Fryer Do I Need?
- Best Air Fryer Under 100 [Cheap & Powerful Alternatives]
- Best Air Fryer Oven To Buy In 2020
- Best Air Fryer With Rotisserie [6 Options To Buy]
- Can You Put Aluminum Foil In An Air Fryer?
- Instant Pot vs Air Fryer | Which Is More Reliable?
The Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Oven will offer you the extra space you won’t find with normal air fryers. Faster cooking times and multifunction capabilities make this appliance superior.
Overall, it cooks delicious food and almost without oil when air frying promoting healthy eating.
If you like multifunction gadgets, this Ninja Foodi air fryer oven offers more than what you need. The toaster and air fryer work great.