Instant Pot Smart WiFi Review
The instant pot is the leading multicooker brand with quality and variety of multicookers to choose from. The Instant Pot Smart WiFi has followed the trend of wireless connectivity smart kitchen appliances.
Imagine the addition of WiFi connectivity to the number one best selling pressure cooker. With Alexa enabled, the instant pot can be controlled through your smartphone using the instant pot app.
The multicooker comes with all the features people love in the other models. WiFi capabilities add to the convenience of usage by tech-savvy users.
If you are not tech-savvy it doesn’t mean you can’t use the multicooker. It has an LCD control panel filled with preprogrammed settings for automatic cooking.
- 8 kitchen appliances in one with the capability of a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, cake maker, sauté pan, steamer, and warmer
- 13 one-touch Smart Programs for cooking ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry, yogurt, desserts, etc.
- WiFi-enabled to connect with Alexa and instant pot app which has access to over 1000 preprogrammed recipes.
- 10+ built-in safety features
- 12 Custom Preset Temperatures
- 6-quart large capacity
- Stainless Steel Inner Pot
- 1,000 watts
Instant Pot Smart WiFi 8-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker Overview
The idea of WiFi integration is a great technology for more convenience in the smart kitchen. A great multicooker which comes with a price tag under $150.
Its design is simply an improvement to the popular Instant Pot Duo Plus with the WiFi capability.
It comes with 1000 watts power ratings and 6 quarts of capacity. With a 12.5 by 12.2 by 13.2 inches measurements, the instant pot is large and can take up some space in the kitchen counter.
The front of the pot consists of the large LCD control panel with the buttons for programs and settings. You can view the status of the WiFi, heating, 13 programs, and the ON/OFF button.
Compared to the Instant Pot Smart Bluetooth model, the connectivity tends to be limited to 30 feet for strong connection but this model stays connected to your smartphone in any distance.
Also, the pot has 12 custom preset temperatures for cooking different dishes and ingredients.
This model comes with extra accessories like a soup spoon, rice paddle, steamer rack, and red silicone mitts.
Pressure cooking can be dangerous without proper safety mechanisms in place. The instant pot makes sure the multicooker is as safe as possible for the users. It includes over 10 safety features
- Safety Lid Lock
- Steam Release,
- Anti-Block Shield
- Overheat Protection
- Lid Position Detection
- Automatic Temperature Control
- Automatic Pressure Control
- Electrical Fuse
- Thermal Fuse
- Leaky Lid Detection
Instant Pot Smart APP
The highlighting feature of the Instant Pot multicooker, WiFi connectivity enables connection to the instant pot app and Alexa device.
To connect the app to your phone, first, you have to download which is available for Android and iOS platforms. The next step requires creating an account and then add smart WiFi by choosing the instant pot.
The network has to be 2.4GHz and the other steps are straight forward.
With the Instant pot app, a recipe tab leads to plenty of recipes to choose from cooking your meals. A great thing with these recipes is that they are already pre-programmed.
When you press cook now on the app, the instant pot adjusts to the setup for cooking the recipe.
If you are not an experienced cook to know the measurements and requirements of recipes, the instant pot smart WiFi will be a great help for you.
Food can be cooked perfectly by using the preprogrammed recipes without stressing on the process of cooking.
No doubt the apps works great but it has some issues to be fixed. The temperature readings in the little thermometer icon in the app don’t display the reading.
Note: You can still use the instant pot smart WiFi without the WiFi connection by using the control buttons on the LCD screen display.
- Sends mobile notification once the cooking process is complete
- WiFi-enabled for hands-free control.
- Instant pot app offers hundreds of recipes for easy cooking
- It is safe to use
- Has a fair price considering the many features included
- Stainless steel interior makes cleaning easier as the inner pot is also dishwasher safe.
- 6-quart capacity cooks enough food for 6 people.
- Learning Curve to master all the features of the multicooker and how to execute the recipes
- The pot doesn’t show the cooking times for pressure to build. It takes 10 to 15 minutes
- Changing the cooking mode in the app once it’s started cooking is not possible.
If you like smart gadgets and you don’t own any instant pot yet, consider this model.
With the instant pot app, more and more recipes will be added for unlimited variety to cook.
I like the way you can just select in the app to cook and the instant pot does the rest.
The instant pot smart WiFi is the right choice for modern cooking.