Different Types of Kitchen Faucets – Most Popular & Used
A kitchen faucet is one of the useful fixtures in the kitchen for cleaning dishes, washing food, filling pots and more. Your life in the kitchen is made simple by having the right faucet providing high performance. Different Types of Kitchen Faucets on the market offer a simple way of washing the dishes and cleaning in the kitchen, but you have to choose the perfect fit.
Different types of kitchen faucets are available to easily fit the needs of your kitchen concept. There are many different types of kitchen faucets based on the installation holes, number of handles, design, technology and more.
As the world continues to experience a change in technology, the kitchen faucet is no exception because of touchless/touch on faucets.
With many types of kitchen faucets available on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose a faucet. This article will help you to understand the different types of kitchen faucets and their usage as well. Let’s dive in and see these great fixtures to compliment the kitchen.
You Can Also Read: Best Kitchen Faucet For Hard water
12 Different Types Of Kitchen Faucets and their Usage.
1. Single-handle faucet
This is one of the most common faucets and the simplest to use in the kitchen. They use a singular lever that can be moved from left to right to release water. Single handle faucets come in many designs and configuration styles like the ceramic disk and cartridge.
The difference in the single handle faucets is the way the system functions to control water in variation to temperature. The usage of this faucet is simple because it has been in use for a long time.
- Simple installation.
- They are very reliable
- Low-cost to repair.
- Easy to control and navigate.
- Takes a certain amount of time to switch temperature
2. Double-handle faucet, One-Hole
Similar to the single handle faucet but the double handle (Dual) faucet utilizes 2 levers whereby one is for warm and the other cool water. They come in different styles and designs but the same concept of functionality.
For installation, it only needs one hole for attachment which can be easily done without the need of a plumber. It has separate controls of cold and hot water which are attached directly to the spout. It’s a great choice to have in the kitchen because of its simplicity and affordability.
- Separate controls for hot and cold water
- Requires one hole for installation
- Costly to replace if one handles stops working it needs to be completely replaced.
3. Single-Hole Kitchen Faucet
From its name, the faucet needs only one hole for installation. The single-hole kitchen faucet is the most installed facets in many household’s countertops. They are available in many designs and styles which fit any kitchen setup from contemporary to modern kitchen styles.
- Simple and straightforward to operate
- It needs only a single hole for installation
- Available in the nearby shops and markets
- Has simple & basic features
4. Double-Hole Kitchen Faucet
This type of faucet requires two holes for installation which is also known as center set faucet. It features two separate handles to control cold and hot water flow. Double hole kitchen faucet offers a clear distinction between the hot and cold water controls handles.
- Offers different handles for controlling hot and cold water
- It has a traditional and refined design.
- Requires more than 1 hole for installation
5. Touchless Kitchen Faucet
The touchless kitchen faucets don’t require any physical conduct but they detect motion movements to turn on/off. This faucet use battery to power on the sensors used to detect motions.
Most of the touchless kitchen faucets have dual control capability which includes a handle in case you don’t need to use a touchless option. The handle also sets the water temperature settings for the faucet to utilize when in use next time.
If you like modern technology, then this is the perfect kitchen faucet to buy and enjoy touchless operation. They offer convenience, style while maintaining high performance and hygiene.
- Due to the sensor activation, the faucets remain clean and germ-free
- Water temperature can be set with the single handle
- Available in the pull-down, pull-out spout, and other designs
- Highly convenient to use
- Automatically shut-off when not in use after a few minutes to save water
- Sensors can be easily damaged causing issues with activation or deactivation
- Operation cost due to the electricity/battery source used in these faucets
- Slightly expensive due to the advanced technology
6. Touch On Kitchen Faucet
Another advanced type of kitchen faucet and the future of faucet products. They are a newer introduction to the market and have a good reception from customers. With the touch-on faucets, turning on/off is easy due response to touch. It creates a healthy environment because not everyone is touching the handle. You can turn it on/of by using the wrist, forearm, and any part of the body.
Water temperature can be set with the available single lever before you start using the faucet. This type of faucet has many advantages to offer with regard to their flexibility and efficiency.
- Turn on/off the faucet with a simple touch.
- It prevents the faucet from getting dirty.
- You can easily multitask in the kitchen
- They have a color indicator to display the water temperature.
- If the battery gets damaged, the touch feature will stop working
7. Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet
This faucet can be termed as a brother and sister with the pull-out kitchen faucet because of their similarity but they are different. The difference between the popular faucets is that the detachable spray head in the pull-down faucet is located in a downward position which acts as an extension to the faucet.
The extension has a shape of a gooseneck to utilize the movement of the spout and self retract spray head. It is also available in different styles and designs with attractive finishes. You can be assured of easy cleaning over the kitchen sink and experience less splashing of water.
- Prevent splashing at its best; is most preferred for big and deep sinks.
- Easy accessibility to small corners and difficult spots.
- Amazing designs & styles to choose from.
- Great finish and durable.
- Slightly difficult in hollow sinks.
- It can only be pulled downwards limiting the stretching across the sink.
8. Pull-Out Kitchen Faucet
One of the most attractive kitchen faucet to complement the modern kitchen design. Every kitchen faucet manufacturer has a pull-out kitchen faucet which can make choosing one a challenge. Pull-out faucet comes with various styles, finishes, and colors.
It’s very easy to use pull-out faucets because they are made in a flexible design to be able to reach the peripherals of the kitchen sink. The pull-out faucet has a detachable spray head that can be easily pulled towards the target. With this great type of faucet, you can rinse utensils, fill pots, and spray water across the sink in 360 degrees.
- Provides flexibility in the kitchen
- Available in several materials, designs, and styles
- Great for both cleaning and cooking
- Perfect choice for hollow and small sinks.
- Long hose and detachable handle.
- They have Increased chances of splashes around the sink
9. Wall-Mounted Kitchen Faucet
Wall-mounted, as the name suggests, are mounted on the wall commonly found in small counter spaces and homes. You can find them anywhere in the nearby store in a variety of colors and styles.
One thing to understand is that you need a professional plumber to fix this type of faucet. The distance must be well calculated for the perfect fitting and avoid water drips and splashes. They have to be fitted with valves and drips inside the wall that’s why a plumber is a must.
- More countertop space
- Plenty of designs to choose from
- Easy to clean under and around sprouts
- Requires a plumber to install
- Risk of water splash if not well fitted
- Require some remodeling behind the wall
10. Commercial Kitchen Faucet
These types of faucets are designed in a high-quality style to fit the professional needs of chefs in restaurants. If you run a business like hotels and restaurants, this is the right type of faucet to have.
They come in bigger sizes compared to the home faucets because they are used in big sinks in the commercial kitchen set up. The commercial kitchen faucet is flexible to cover the whole sink and also to can release high amounts of water for easy cleaning or rinsing. You can also find a commercial faucet with sizes and styles to fit your home kitchen which is most durable.
- Can handle the high water volume and pressure
- Has advanced technologies
- Variety of styles to choose from
- More expensive compared to other kitchen faucets
11. Widespread Kitchen Faucet
Widespread faucets are similar to the center set faucet but they come with separate pieces that are installed separately. They are easily customizable to fit the countertop according to your needs for set up.
- Can be easily customized according to your needs
- Requires several holes for installation
12. Kitchen Faucet with a Side Sprayer
If you would like to opt for kitchen faucet with a separate side sprayer, this is a great choice to have. Both the side sprayer and the faucet use the same water pipe to supply water when cleaning.
The side sprayer has a flexible and adjustable aerator while having the ability to swivel 360 degrees. This creates a convenient functionality because you get to decide which to use in various cleaning functions.
- The sprayer is installed separately from the faucet
- Can be moved to cover large distances
- It is more hygienic to use.
- Requires several holes for installation
- High chances of water splashing
These are the most common and popular types of kitchen faucets in households and in the market. When thoroughly understand the type of kitchen faucet and its uses, it’s very easy to pick one for your kitchen uses.
The different kitchen will need different types of kitchen faucets installed due to compatibility. This is why a variety of kitchen faucets are available to cater for all types of kitchen needs. Choosing a kitchen faucet will depend on your needs and style of the sink in your kitchen.