Best Electric Woks
Woks are the best cooking tool you need for a large amount of food cooking. For the best value and convenience, I will review the best electric woks available.
Electric woks are best for cooking Asian cuisine and less oil cooking routines. Mostly, the electric woks are big and cant fit your regular stovetop. This is why choosing an electric woks is ideal.
After cooking the electric wok can keep the food warm for later serving. The electric wok is designed to get hot than the other cooking stoves, a nonstick surface, easy cleaning, and have affordable prices.
What Is An Electric Wok?
Electric woks have the same shape as the traditional woks with a circular and wide surface area. The best part of electric woks unlike the traditional woks, they don’t require a dedicated stovetop for heating.
The electric woks come with a built-in heating source that uses electricity. This makes the cooking tool a versatile one to use outdoors, on the kitchen island, camping, balcony, etc.
Also, electric woks are coated with nonstick surfaces which enable cooking with less oil and increase the flavor.
Allow me to introduce the best electric woks you can buy and enjoy Asian cuisine and other light foods. Nonstick surfaces are easy to clean
Note: The electric woks cant get hot like the traditional woks because they are capped at a certain heat. This limits them to low and medium temperature cooking suitable for light foods.
The Best Electric Woks Comparison
- Breville BEW600XL Hot Wok
- Sonya Shabu Shabu Hot Pot Electric Mongolian Hot Pot
- Presto 5900 1500-Watt Stainless-Steel Electric Wok
- Aroma Housewares AEW-306 5-Quart Electric Wok
- The ROCK by Starfrit Electric Multi-Use Pot
Why You Need An Electric Wok
If you are not sure why to buy an electric wok, consider the following benefits you can achieve.
- Cost-Effective – Instead of dining and ordering Chinese take-out, you can cook Asian cuisines and save money. They can also cook other cuisines apart from Asian.
- Healthy Cooking – electric woks cook with less fat hence promoting healthy living and reduce risks of high cholesterol and chronic illnesses.
- Low Maintenance – The electrical woks require less to no maintenance with just regular cleaning. With proper care and use, the electric wok can last for many years.
- Easy Cleaning – If you hate cleaning complex cookware, cleaning of the woks is very easy due to their nonstick coatings.
- Convenient and Versatile – Electric woks are designed to heat up quickly for the faster cooking process. You can cook cuisines from all over the world using electric woks. Also, they can be placed anywhere with an electrical outlet and cook.
How To Choose The Best Electric Wok
Here are some of the important factors and features to consider for the best electric woks.
Size & Shape
Most of the electric woks are big sizes and come with wide shapes to accommodate large amounts of food. However, you can choose a smaller size if you have limited space in the kitchen or need to cook small amounts of food.
Depending on the counter space, you can choose between oval, round and rectangular shapes of electric woks.
The electric woks are available in different materials like Aluminum, stainless steel, ceramics, and copper. Its a matter of preference of cooking material which one you like.
Stainless steel and heavy gauge aluminum woks are a great option due to its durability and it’s safe in case you scratch the nonstick coating.
Make sure the electric wok has a nonstick coating because you get to enjoy cooking with less oil and easy cleaning. Nonstick surfaces are easy to cook with and require less maintenance.
Adjustable Heat Settings
Regulating the temperature can be a good thing to have. Since the electric woks cant match the temperatures in the traditional woks, adjusting the electric wok to a higher heat would be beneficial.
Quality electric woks can heat up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and the heating settings offers more control of the cooking process.
Choosing an electric wok with glass lid ensures that you can monitor the food cooking inside the wok. The glass lid traps all the heat inside increasing the heat distribution and evenly cooked food.
The electric wok comes in a range of prices and therefore having a budget is an ideal consideration. There is no need to buy an expensive electric wok that you don’t use regularly.
A cheaper electric wok with the features highlighted in this post would be a great addition to your kitchen collection.
There electric woks under $50 that work tremendously and save some bucks.
Best Electric Woks Reviews
1. Breville BEW600XL Hot Wok (Best Overall)
A quality wok for family size with its 6-quart capacity, Breville has what you need in an electric wok.
The construction is made up of a stainless steel base, die-cast wok bowl (with Quantanium nonstick), and glass for the lid. You can see through the glass lid while cooking for east monitoring of your cooking process.
Both the lid and bowl are dishwasher safe to ease the cleaning.
With the Breville hot work, you can cook a variety of food. The 1500W butterfly heating elements heat up to 425ºF and can be controlled easily with 15 precision settings.
The wok can sear, stir fry, steam, braise, and shallow frying.
- 6 Quart Capacity
- 14″ Diameter
- Stainless steel base / Diecast wok bowl with Quantanium nonstick
- 1500W butterfly heating element
- 15 precision heat settings
- Removable temperature control probe
- Up to 425℉
- The 14-inch diameter offers a large space for cooking large batches of food
- Heat temperature of up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Has durable materials
- A non-stick coating enables cooking with less oil and easy cleaning
- Easy to clean and maintain
- The glass lid provides a clear see-through for easy monitoring of food
- Dishwasher safe
- Comes with a well-insulated cord
- A heat-resistant base
- The nonstick coating can be easily scratched
- A bit heavy for some people
The Mongolian hot pot is a powerful electric wok with a 1500W power for faster heating. Suitable for a family of between 2 to 6 people, it comes with 5.3-quart capacity.
Sonya Shabu stands out as a double flavor hot pot. This means you get to enjoy 2 different flavors at the same.
It has an internal divider that enables the different flavor cooking of food.
The pot is removable for convenient use and cleaning. For temperature control, it is equipped with 4 settings.
- Transparent Glass Lid
- Stainless Steel
- 4 temperature control setting
- Heat Resistant Handle
- Removable cooking pots
- Fine-Adjustment Knob
- Split Structure with 5L/5.3 Quart Large Capacity
- Anti-skid feet to keep the pot sits evenly
- Enables a double flavor of different foods at the same time using Internal divider
- Large capacity enough for a whole family, 2-6 people
- Very stable on the countertop due to anti-skid feet.
- Very versatile to cook plenty of food varieties.
- Easy to clean.
- Stainless steel pot ensures a healthy diet
- Fine-Adjustment Knob helps regulate power
- Leakage concerns when using an internal divider. Ensure to fill each side to keep a balance to prevent leakage.
- It can only reach temperatures of 360 degrees F.
The presto electric work is affordable and durable at some level with its stainless steel body. It comes with a 1500W heating element and the base is made of aluminum-clad material for faster and even heat distribution.
A tampered glass cover with stainless steel rim and handle ease the handling of the electric wok.
It also has a long handheld wooden spatula included which is a bonus instead of purchasing separately.
If you don’t like cleaning manually, the wok and lid are dishwasher safe.
- 1500W heating element
- Durable stainless-steel body
- Aluminum-clad base
- Tempered glass cover featuring stainless steel rim and handle
- Dishwasher-safe wok & lid
- Side loop handles
- A long-handled wooden spatula is included
- Made with durable stainless steel
- Distributes heat evenly
- It has a clear lid made with durable tempered glass
- A wooden spatula is included
- Doesn’t scratch easily
- Dishwasher safe
- Reaches temperatures of 300 to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Can be limited to cooking some foods
- Doesn’t have a non-stick coating
This is a complete wok kit that consists of all the quality features for cooking Asian cuisines and other recipes.
The work comes with tempered glass lid, extra-long chopstick, a steaming rack, and a tempura rack. All these components make the perfect cooking wok and convenient use.
Aroma AEW-306 wok has a 5-quart capacity which is large enough to prepare food for a family.
The wok surface has a nonstick coating for easy cooking with no mess and sticky food issues.
Cool-touch base and handles ensure the safety of the wok while using it. The lids are designed with a temperature knob to control and maintain temperature as prefered. Lids have a steam vent to release moisture in various cooking processes.
Overall, the wok can disassemble easily for cleaning and assemble.
If you prefer a bigger size, Aroma has another great electric work of 7 quarts, (Aroma Housewares AEW-305 at 7Q)
- 5-Quart capacity
- High domed tempered glass lid
- Precision Temperature Control
- Heavy-duty cast aluminum stir fry pan
- Nonstick coating
- Cool-touch base and handles
- Included: Cooking Chopsticks, Tempura and Steaming Racks
- Consists of heat-resistant handles and base
- Accurate temperature controls
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Dishwasher safe
- A clear lid is great for food monitoring
- The lid has a vent for regulating steam and heat
- Includes accessories like cooking chopsticks, a tempura rack, and a steam rack
- Extremely high temperatures can damage the non-stick coating
- It requires a lot of stirring due to its flat bottom.
This is more than just an electric wok but also can function as a multi-purpose cooking pot. It’s designed with a heavy-duty extra thick base to help keep food warm for a long time, unlike other woks.
It comes with a 4.8-quart capacity enough to cook for a medium family of 4 or 5 people. The tempered glass lids ensure easy monitoring of the food inside.
The body is made of cast aluminum body and the cooking surface is coated with a quality nonstick coating. It’s nonstick is patented Rock Tec. Nonstick technology which is said to be 3 times better than the traditional nonstick coatings.
The control of temperature is done through the adjustable temperature controller and can be removable.
- 1500 Watts
- 4.8 Qt capacity
- Heavy-duty extra-thick base
- Non-stick surface
- Cast-aluminum body
- Removable / adjustable temperature controller
- Cool-touch handles
- The non-stick surface does its work in preventing food from sticking on its surface
- Energy-efficient: Cooks food fast with minimal usage of energy
- Temperature controllers provide easy adjustment of heat for the best cooking results
- Durable tempered glass which is transparent
- The cool-touch handles remain cool even cooking in high heat
- Easy to use and clean
- Compact design, great for space-saving in the kitchen countertop.
- Some foods may not be evenly cooked
- It needs constant stirring to prevent food at the center getting burned
Asian cuisine has become popular in the United States and its time to start cooking yourself instead of Chinese take-outs.
Most of the electric woks come at an affordable price considering the large capacity and flexibility they offer.
If you would like the one I would recommend, then this is the best option.